Monday, July 21, 2008

Wild Sunflowers or Learning to Use My Camera

I bought a new cameral last winter but haven't spent much time learning about it. I bought a Canon S3IS mostly for it's optical zoom of 12x and its image stablilization. In the winter we have a lot of bald and golden eagles and I want to try my hand at photographing them. Needless to say, I didn't do that last winter so I'll take my 365 challenge as an opportunity to learn my camera.

In reading the instruction book I discovered I can highlight specific colors in my picture. Now how I took all the yellow out of this sunflower, I don't know, but it sure looks different, doesn't it?



This shot sure highlights the color of the flower. I like how the background disappeared. Again, I'm not sure what I did to get this shot.



And this one... well, I really like the yellow dots inside the flower. I don't know anything about sunflower anatomy so I have no clue what they are.

4 comments:

Kat Simpson said...

That's really awesome. So you did this while these were being taken or after - in photo editing? very cool. Kat

365DaysInTucson said...

ok you make me want to get one of those cameras! NICE!

Jai Johnson • JaiArt.Com said...

Wonderful photos Robin!

Iris said...

Great photos - have fun learning your 'new' camera!