Thursday, August 7, 2008

Elusive Double Rainbow

Had an absolutely gorgeous double rainbow yesterday evening but the perfect picture eluded me.

I should have worked harder at this one. This house has been on the market for over six months and perhaps the realtor could have used my picture to help sell the property. (This is a pre-fab, site build log home. Was the oddest thing. All the exterior walls [windows installed] came delivered to the site on two flat-beds. The shell was up in a day.)



Here's the other end of the rainbow:

5 comments:

Kat Simpson said...

I think you captured it pretty well, my friend :)

Fashion Schlub said...

wow, that's beautiful, Robin! Rainbows are few and far between here....and rarely do you see both ends (let alone a double!).

Jai Johnson • JaiArt.Com said...

Gorgeous rainbow! My dad has a house that was done like that - absolutely *beautiful* sitting on his 6 acres up in the mountains out there in Colorado.

Fashion Schlub said...

I can't believe it - same day I commented about never seeing double raibows here, what do you think I saw?? a double rainbow! both ends! I mean, I couldn't actually SEE the ends, cuz there's stuff here like houses and trees, but I could see it going in both directions, usually we just see a piece. and it was much dimmer than yours - yours was amazingly contrasty. but still. how serendipitous!

Robin said...

How cool is that, Bettye? Now just tell me how you never win the lottery....